Combating the cold winter months and handling cold and wet materials can test any worker. Worker performance within cold environments requires high quality PPE solutions. And here at Beaver Brands, safety is our number one concern.
When working in cold environments, manual tasks can lower body and hand temperature – making handling and gripping objects more difficult. This can increase the risk of hand and arm grip force reduction, leading to a decrease in blood flow to muscles, thus increasing fatigue and the chance of injury.
Within the workplace hands are most likely to be affected by cold temperatures. When selecting gloves, consideration must be given to the most appropriate product for the temperature, or the tasks being performed within the environment. Factors such as insulation, fit, flexibility, dexterity, job role and hazard need to be considered.
Keeping warm is a basic need that all of us share. For those who work in cold temperatures and environments, the need to keep their hands warm and protected is of major importance.
Choosing quality hand protection will aid in avoiding potentially serious health risks like frostbite, fatigue, and accidents on the job.
People who work within cold handling and cold environments can be both indoors and outdoors and include industries and occupations such as refrigeration, cold storage, warehousing, logistics, transportation, construction workers, maintenance, mechanical, machine operators, baggage handlers, airplane mechanics, and emergency services personnel – who are often exposed to cold stress.
Lighting can also be compromised in both indoor and outdoor cold temperatures and the use of hi-vis hand protection can also aid in further protection within low light environments.
Like their name suggests, the use of the high performance cold resistant, thermal protective glove, Ninja® Celsius Ice will not only provide thermal protection, but also liquid resistance, and superior grip and dexterity for cold applications.
Ninja Celsius Ice Safety Features:
- Advanced, proprietary HPT™ (Hydropellent Technology) Coating – on palm and fingertips that remain soft and flexible in temperatures as low as -20ºC.
- Liquid resistant – keeping hands comfortable and flexible in cold applications.
- Outstanding dexterity and grip – in cold and wet applications through its non-slip surface.
- Thermsmart – Nylon and Acrylic double knitted liner provides outstanding thermal protection.
- Breathe Smart Technology – ensuring 360º breathability for the hands.
- Fit Smart – Ninja® gloves are made using Fit Smart technology, ensuring they feel like a second skin.
- Hi-Vis Option – a hi-visibility option is available for low light conditions.
- Ninja Ice cold resistant gloves also come in a hi-visibility option for low light conditions.
Other cold resistant, thermal protection gloves Beaver Brands support and recommend include:
Ninja Multi-Tech Therm365 (NITHRM365)
General purpose, ‘all year round’ glove with HydropellentTM (HPT) water resistant coating and ThermSmart protection
Contego Chillagoe Cold Wet (COCHLMECH)
General Purpose, all-rounder gloves with a water-resistant barrier and back of hand bump protection for non-cut environments.